‘How I Met Your Mother’ Inspired Cookies | AW15
ooh look another baking post what a surprise.
As I have almost finished the last season of HIMYM (and I am so scared to finish it and have a hole in my life from it), I decided to make the infamous ‘Sumbitch’ cookies that feature in season 9 of How I Met Your Mother. The peanut butter, chocolate and caramel goodness called to me. So I give you, Sumbitches.
*BTW * The recipe I used was from this website. I changed it to metric measures and for anyone joining me in cookie amateur hour to understand *BTW*
- 113g unsalted butter
- 160g smooth peanut butter
- 110g brown sugar
- 110g white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 160g all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 100g chocolate chips
- 24 caramel stuffed chocolate candies (I used Rolos)
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4 and line baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl or electric mixer, cream together your butter and peanut butter. Add the sugars, and mix until smooth.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla, being sure to scrape down the sides to evenly incorporate.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, mix on low until just combined.
- By hand, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using spoon, scoop out dough into balls.
- Place a caramel candy in the centre of the dough.
- Place on baking sheet two inches apart. Repeat process until dough is gone.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, remove and rest for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
I hope to make more ‘inspired’ bakes in the future and hope you enjoy these as much as I did because they truly were delicious.