Songs to Eliminate the Scrooge Inside | CHRISTMAS 2015
As Christmas nears, the music gets louder and the lyrics are sung at the top of our lungs. To show my appreciation to the wonderful songs and albums dedicated to Christmas, I am listing my top songs to get rid of that Scrooge feeling inside of you.
- Last Christmas – Wham! Many songs have been covered over the years and this is a favourite. Personally, I think the original is the best (much like other songs) and is one of my favourites to get me in the Christmas spirit.
- Michael Bublé Christmas (Album) – Michael Bublé I love Bublé at Christmas and probably takes up a good 50% of my playlist. He just has such a Christmassy voice and the album is so good to jam to whilst putting up the decorations.
- Fairytale of New York – The Pogues ft. Kirsty MacColl THIS SONG IS THE EPITOME OF CHRISTMAS. If you don’t like this song please leave because this song is just Christmas all around.
- Christmas Lights – Coldplay I love Coldplay and this song is a mix of modern and classic Christmas. It’s a slower song like classic Coldplay, but also very Christmassy and I just love it. Probably more of a chill out song rather than an upbeat jamming song.
- All I Want for Christmas is You – Mariah Carey I am almost 100% sure everyone knows and loves this song at Christmas (and secretly all year around). It’s such an upbeat song to dance around your kitchen to whilst making a Christmassy snack.
- This Christmas – Donny Hathaway I have a couple of covers of this song, and only recently found this version as the original. I was pleasantly surprised at the fact that the covers were so close to the original and how good the original was.
- The First Noel (Carol) Who doesn’t love a good carol? We do carol services every Christmas Eve and this has got to be my favourite. I have a cover of it from Lady Antebellum (mentioned later) and I just love how it sounds.
- Santa Tell Me – Ariana Grande Sure, not classic Christmas but still… It’s upbeat and so much fun to dance to. Maybe Ariana Grande isn’t really your thing but it is definitely one to play when feeling a bit scroogey.
- Baby, It’s Cold Outside – Michael Bublé and Idina Menzel The video for this just says it all. The cuteness is so overpowering that your can’t help but love the song. The song is fantastic as it is but the fact that it’s Bublé makes it 10x better.
- The Power of Love – Gabriella Aplin The John Lewis Advert is something I look forward to every year. This one in particular was one of my favourites as I just love the song. It is so endearing and powerful with her voice and is just such a great song to listen to.
- On This Winter’s Night (Album) – Lady Antebellum Ugh this album. It combines more modern Christmas songs with carols and it is just my favourite thing ever. This is one you will have playing on repeat for hours and hours on end.
This is just a snippet of my playlist, if you would like to view my whole Christmas playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/niamhy042/playlist/5AhwNDxwAiS4fGd1aFB0ql
I hope you enjoy this and hopefully feel in a bit more of a Christmas spirit.